MECHELEN, BELGIUM.

I've lived in Mechelen for about a year and a half, so have done my fair share of exploring. It's a very cute town/city with a lot to offer, if you know where to look. The town centre is very lively, it has a shopping street, a "cafe" street as I like to call it, and a beautiful square. There are lots of little hidden roads for you to explore and there are a couple of parks.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had never ventured too far out of the centre. Sander suggested we go for a walk in a park, so I agreed and off we went. I have to say, the park was absolutely gorgeous. It's like a mini paradise. The sun was shining and we were up for an adventure, so we walked around the park for a little while, enjoying the nature and sun shining down on us, before retiring to a cafe to sit on a terrace and have some drinks. Kids were playing all around us, so we listened to their happy yelps of joy and had a really lovely time.

We didn't explore the whole park sadly, as I stupidly was wearing quite big heels, but we're probably going to go back there at some point and discover everything that this wonderful place has to offer.

Here are some photos I took whilst there, and yes, it really is as beautiful as in the pictures.


Great bridge to play Pooh Sticks on. 



x

Comments

Popular Posts